Take the YMCA HEALTH PLEDGE
It is human nature to perform your best when you are personally challenged and when you share your goals with others. So the Y is challenging all of our members to take a pledge to be more active and eat healthier in 2015.
During January, 2015, find a pledge card in the Y lobby or Wellness Center and make a promise to yourself and/or family. All pledges will be displayed as a reminder of the commitment you made to live a healthier lifestyle.
YOU CAN DO IT!
TRY SOME OF THESE IDEAS:
- Pledge to walk 3 times a week for 20 minutes each time
- Pledge to eat one healthy cooked meal at home per day
- Pledge to reduce processed, pre-packaged foods
- Pledge to eat 5 servings a day of fruits and/or vegetables
- Pledge to watch less television and spend less time on electronics
- Pledge to be more active with your family, friends or pets
- Pledge to drink more water each day and less soda or sugared drinks
- Pledge to take the stairs more and the elevators less
- Pledge to park farther away from the entrance to grocery and department stores
- Pledge to eat out less at fast food restaurants
- Pledge to pack healthy lunches for work and school