YMCA of Greater Houston Supports Harvey Relief
Posted on: September 6, 2017
A story you have not heard on national news is about how the YMCAs in the Greater Houston area have supported the relief efforts. Though half a dozen area YMCAs were flooded, they worked hard to reopen as quickly as possible and make their facilities accessible to everyone. The Y is thankful for all the contributions and will continue to stretch those resources so they can affect as many people in need as possible.
- Provided child care and programming for children sheltering at the George R. Brown Convention Center
- Housed about 75 Firemen and 50 National Guard Troops
- Collection and distribution site for tons of donations of clothing, diapers, pillows, blankets, water . . .
- Currently open for showering, cooling-off, charging phones, community emotional support with a cup of coffee and a smiling face
- Child care sites open in support of families who need safe care while they work to get their homes livable again
If you would like to be a part of the YMCA’s relief efforts, text the word HOUSTON to 91999 to make a donation or use the link below. Your support will help them provide the families and individuals who come to YMCA with their basic needs in this time of crisis.