NEWPORT NEWS FAMILY YMCA
Ideally located in the heart of Newport News, our YMCA provides the highest quality in fitness and child care programs to residents and the business community.
This YMCA opened its doors on June 3, 1971. It was the first modern YMCA facility built on the Peninsula. The upstairs fitness center and 3 racquetball courts were added in 1977 along with the outdoor track; and in May of 2003, renovations expanded the fitness center, added a new Child Watch room and Teen Center, and added a lift. The outdoor pavilion was built as an Eagle Scout project. We're located near downtown Newport News and serve both business and family communities.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Our facility includes:
- Licensed full-day Preschool Program for ages 2 - 5 years
- Child Watch for children 6 weeks to 5 years
- Youth Lobby for ages 6 - 9 years
- Licensed Before & After School Program for ages 5 - 12 years
- IZONE: Now, at your YMCA, our interactive fitness equipment and game consoles allow members to enjoy an exhilarating, full-body workout and have fun playing, all at the same time! Fun games get you up and moving; the IZONE offers something for everyone.
M - Th: 5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
F: 5:00p.m. - 7:00 p.m., TEEN NIGHT Fridays: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sa: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
(HOURS MAY VARY DURING SCHOOL BREAKS, PLEASE CHECK SCHEDULE AT THE Y)
Family Time (parents & children only): 2-6:00 p.m.
Ages: 6-7 years (with parent), 8-15 years (must be members), 16+ (can work out in the Wellness Center)
- Full Gymnasium
- Wellness Center
- Fit-For-Life Exercise Room
- Trained and Certified Professional Staff
- 25-meter Swimming Pool with inflatable slide
- Men's and Women's Locker Rooms, equipped with saunas
- Boys' and Girls' Locker Rooms
- Group Exercise Studio
- Multipurpose Room for birthday parties, health lectures, etc.
- Outside Picnic Shelter
- Splash Park
New Year's Day
New Year's Eve (6:00 p.m.)
Child Watch Hours (6 weeks-5 years)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Youth Lobby Hours (6-9 years)
Child Watch/Youth Watch Rules
Monday - Thursday: 4:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Board of Managers
- Children 12 and under must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian. (Guardians must be 18 or older.)
- Children are not permitted to sit in the fitness area, the lobby or in a class while parents are participating in Y programs
- Children must be signed in and out of the Y Child Watch and Youth Lobby by a parent or guardian.
- Children are permitted to stay in the Y Child Watch for up to 2 hours. Youth are permitted to stay in the Youth Lobby for up to 2 hours.
- Parent or guardian must remain in the building at all times while under-aged children are in the building.
- Children must be 13 or older to utilize the Wellness Center, and must have an orientation. Children 13-15 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Jayne Di Vincenzo
Roger Hamilton - Treasurer
James “Tony” Moorman
Zoran Pajevic, ABR – Chair