UNITE WITH US IN
SHARING THE LIGHT
December 2-4, 2016
Unite with us in sharing the light at our 19th annual Festival of the Trees, kicking off with the Lighting of the Trees cocktail party. Join us for a night full of fun & good cheer that supports a great cause. Experience the Tastes of the Northern Neck featuring delicacies from local chefs paired with a selection of fine wines. All proceeds benefit our Guardian scholarship fund, ensuring everyone may participate in all we have to offer at our Y.
Tickets are $50 per person, and may be purchased online.
A special offer for ticket-holders of the Lighting of the Trees Party – Kids Night Out! Children ages 6 months – 12 years old can have an exciting night at the Y too, for no additional cost. At Kids Night Out children participate in activities including games, crafts, a movie, and swimming. Dinner is included. Please RSVP by November 29.
For questions, or more event information, call 804.435.0223, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To purchase Lighting of the Trees tickets online click here, for Kids Night Out click here. For help with online registration, please call 804.435.0223.
KEKOKA MUD RUN – October 8, 2016
This is a seriously-fun 5K run with obstacles!!! Test your mental and physical toughness at the 4th Annual Kekoka Mud Run being held on the grounds of YMCA Camp Kekoka. The first 75 registrants will receive a mud run t-shirt to prove to your friends that you did it! Trust us… they will be impressed.
2016 OBSTACLES TO DATE:
- Cedar Climb – a natural wall from a tree (no more than 6′) that runners have to climb over
- Swamp Wars – a few natural swamp areas that you have to run through or crawl through (you won’t forget the smell!)
- Michelin Mayhem – a series of tire obstacles (close to 100 tires total)
- Stage Fright – low crawl under the stage while being hosed down from above
- Treading Grace – water run around grace point (70 yards along the bank of the camp in water that is 1-3′ deep)
- Mud Mile – series of mud holes with some water that you have to crawl through
- Polar Plunge – combine a mud hole and 200lbs of ice and you have a mini polar plunge in October!
- Lumber Jack Alley – over and under downed trees to include a swamp area
- Shake & Bake – crawl through mud while getting doused with water from above followed by flour. Luckily there is no fryer at the end!
- Dock Dunk – jump off the end of the dock into water 3-5′ deep, run/swim under dock back to land.
- Tarzan – swing into a mud pit
$35 before September 15, $40 after September 15, $50 day of race. Ages 15 & over
Register in 1 easy step – REGISTRATION STARTS AUGUST 1:
- Go online and register:
OR: Call 804-435-3616 to pay by phone, we accept Visa, MasterCard & American Express
for our version of this
popular dance competition final-round
October 15, 2016
Doors Open, Social, and Appetizers 5:30 PM
Dinner 6:30 PM
Times Square Shopping Center
Tickets are available for purchase now.
Purchase Tickets online (click below) or at the Richmond County YMCA
Each ticket costs $75.00 and includes dinner, beverages, and two votes to cast at the event
Ticket price goes up to $90 if purchased after October 1, 2016.
VIEW ALL THE CONTESTANTS and vote for your favorite couple!
Voting for your favorite couple begins online.
Each vote is $5: 1 vote = $5, 10 votes = $50, 100 votes – $500
The voting continues at the finals round event on Saturday, October 15th, when all the couples perform and vie for your votes to win the mirror-ball trophy.
Funds from voting support the RICHMOND COUNTY FAMILY YMCA annual campaign. 100% of campaign funds are used to help local folk live healthier, happier lives through participation at the YMCA.
Questions: 804 333 4117
9am Friday & Saturday
November 11 & 12
Double Elimination Men’s and Women’s
Doubles and Mixed Doubles
Winners 2 out of 3 to 11; Losers 1 game to 15.
AGE CATEGORIES: Under 60, 60-69, and 70+
A player may only play in up to 2 categories per day.
Playing down in age is permitted.
COST: $30 for one event and $10 for each additional category.
WARM-UP: 8am Friday and Saturday. All players must present photo ID upon check-in.
ENTRY DEADLINE: October 30, 2016. No late registrations will be accepted.
Referees will score, call foot faults, and volley zone infractions. Lines will be called by players. Tournament committee reserves the right to alter format based on the number of entries. Tournament Questions? Contact the Tournament Director at email@example.com or 804 436 8013.
All proceeds benefit the Northern Neck Family YMCA Guardian Program.
Download registration form here. Drop it in the mail or at the YMCA.
(Mail to: YMCA, P.O. Box 1809, Kilmarnock, Va 22482.)
Three easy ways to pay:
- By mail, checks payable to the YMCA.
- In person, at the Northern Neck YMCA, 39 William B. Graham Ct. Kilmarnock.
- Online here. Call 804 435 0223 for assistance with online registration.