$500 per camper / per week
Boys & Girls 9-15
While at Camp Kekoka campers enjoy living in new climate controlled cabins with 9 other campers grouped by age. Each cabin has 2 highly-trained adult counselors. During the daylight hours campers enjoy a well-rounded camp experience which includes traditional activities like swimming, arts and crafts, and archery as well as some unique activities like crabbing, fishing, tubing, kayaking, windsurfing and sailing.
Children today face a barrage of information which can be difficult to understand and deal with. YMCA Camp Kekoka helps to prepare young people for their future by engaging them in developing life skills. They learn to become leaders for the causes they believe in, to live sustainably, to care for our shared environment, and to live cooperatively in a culturally diverse community.
- June 25-30
- July 2-7
- July 9-14
- July 16-21
- July 23-28
- July 30- Aug 4
$200 per camper, Boys & Girls 8 years old
This camp is for 8-year-olds who want to test-out resident camp. For 3 days and 2 nights, campers experience the same activities offered during regular resident camp. The only difference is the amount of time they are away from home.
To Register for Rite of Passage Camp, follow the registration steps below.
$500 per camper / per week, Boys & Girls ages 15-16
This program is designed for campers ages 15-16 who have an interest in becoming a strong leader and positively impacting children. Trainees meet several times a week to learn about leadership qualities and the transition from camper to counselor. They also get to participate in the every day camp activities.
To Register for C.I.T. Camp, follow the registration steps below.
- July 2-7
- July 23-28
Apply and Register For All Camps In 3 Easy Steps:
1. Complete the Camper Application one of 2 ways:
- Download the correct application and be sure to send it to the right email address:
- Camper application – Non Alexandria Residents. Scan and email this to email@example.com or fax it to 804-435-2227.
- Alexandria camper application – Alexandria camper applications are subject to approval by the APYC board. Scan and email this to Officer Marcus Downey, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 804-435-2227.
- Fill out an online application (Non Alexandria Residents) that will be emailed to us.
2. Make Payment one of 4 ways
- Register your payment ONLINE for Camp Kekoka! Click here, then click on the words “Select branches/sites” and choose Camp Kekoka. If you have never registered for a YMCA program online you will be asked to create a log-in. Follow the instructions; if you have any problems, please contact YMCA Camp Kekoka (804) 435-3616.
- Mail your check or credit card information to YMCA Camp Kekoka, P.O. Box 580, Kilmarnock, VA 22482.
- Fax your camper application with credit card information completed to (804) 435-2227.
- Take it with you to your nearest branch of the Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA (see Branches tab for a list of locations).
3. Complete Health Form
Please download a health form. Fill it out completely and mail or fax with your application.
Download A Parent Guide
Download a parent guide for detailed information about packing for camp, camp communications, opening day, closing day, etc.