$530 per camper / per week
Boys & Girls 9-15
While at Camp Kekoka campers enjoy living in new climate controlled cabins with 9 other campers grouped by age. Each cabin has 2 highly-trained adult counselors. During the daylight hours campers enjoy a well-rounded camp experience which includes traditional activities like swimming, arts and crafts, and archery as well as some unique activities like crabbing, fishing, tubing, kayaking, windsurfing and sailing.
Children today face a barrage of information which can be difficult to understand and deal with. YMCA Camp Kekoka helps to prepare young people for their future by engaging them in developing life skills. They learn to become leaders for the causes they believe in, to live sustainably, to care for our shared environment, and to live cooperatively in a culturally diverse community.
- June 24-29
- July 1-6
- July 8-13
- July 15-20
- July 22-27
- July 29- Aug 3
$225 per camper, Boys & Girls 8 years old
This camp is for 8-year-olds who want to test-out resident camp. For 3 days and 2 nights, campers experience the same activities offered during regular resident camp. The only difference is the amount of time they are away from home.
To Register for Rite of Passage Camp, follow the registration steps below.
$530 per camper / per week, Boys & Girls ages 15-16
This program is designed for campers ages 15-16 who have an interest in becoming a strong leader and positively impacting children. Trainees meet several times a week to learn about leadership qualities and the transition from camper to counselor. They also get to participate in the every day camp activities.
To Register for C.I.T. Camp, follow the registration steps below.
- July 1-6
- July 22-27
REGISTRATION OPENS OCTOBER 16, 2017
Apply and Register For All Camps In 3 Easy Steps:
1. Complete the Correct Camper Application:
Non-Alexandria City Residents OR Alexandria City Residents NOT receiving financial assistance from APYC
- Fill out the online application that will be emailed to us.
Alexandria City Residents – receiving financial assistance from the APYC
- Fill out the online Alexandria City Resident application. Alexandria camper applications, receiving financial assistance from APYC are subject to approval by the APYC board.
2. Make Payment one of 3 easy ways
- Fill out & submit the application above before making your payment. Register your payment ONLINE for Camp Kekoka! Click here. If you have never registered for a YMCA program online you will be asked to create a log-in. Follow the instructions; if you have any problems, please contact YMCA / APYC Camp Kekoka (804) 435-3616.
- Mail your check or credit card information to Camp Kekoka, P.O. Box 580, Kilmarnock, VA 22482.
- Fax your camper application with credit card information completed to (804) 435-2227.
3. Complete these ADDITIONAL FORMS & Email or Fax them back to us.
4. Download A PARENT GUIDE for detailed information about packing for camp, camp communications, opening day, closing day, etc.