Find Your Rate
The Y ensures everyone who wants to participate at the Y can afford the monthly fee by using a sliding scale based on total household income. You qualify for a reduced rate if your total household income is less than $60,000 a year. Use the selectors below to discover what your monthly rate will be.
You can join online by scrolling down this page and selecting the Join Online button for the type of membership you want. We currently only sell full-pay membership online. Come in to the Y to take advantage of reduced rate options.
Annual Household Income
BALANCE. IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE.
Join the Y in November while we’re waiving the Joining Fee!
WORKOUT AND HELP OUT.
When you join the Y, you’re committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You are supporting the values and programs that strengthen your community. At the Y, children learn what they can achieve, families spend quality time together, and we all build relationships that deepen our sense of belonging.
For more than a workout. For a better us.
As a Non-profit organization, the YMCA turns nobody away. We’re committed to helping you learn new things and make new friends.
- No contracts
- Even more affordable for households with incomes less than $60,000
- Membership scholarship assistance for those making less than $30,000 (Guardian program)
- Unlimited FREE group exercises classes like Yoga, Cycling, and aerobic exercise for all levels
- Association membership entitles use of 13 Peninsula YMCA locations AND over 180 YMCAs across Virginia and North Carolina
- Fun & healthy activities for the whole family with member pricing for all Y programs
- Membership to an organization that cares & gives back to the community
YMCA Members Enjoy:
- A gym with clean, modern workout equipment
- Complimentary Child Watch (Babysitting) while you workout
- Unlimited FREE Group Exercise & Fitness Classes like Yoga, Pilates and Zumba
- Member pricing on all YMCA programs like Summer Camp, Swim Lessons, Youth Sports, Before and After School Care, Personal Training and Wellness Coaching
|MEMBERSHIP TYPE||JOINING FEE||MEMBERSHIP RATE||JOIN ONLINE|
Local Monthly Rates: Unlimited use of the Gloucester Family YMCA
|ADULT (Ages 26+)||$50||$40|
|YOUNG ADULT (Age 18-25)||$0||$32|
|TEEN (Age 13-17)||$0||$25|
Association-Wide Monthly Rates:
|ADULT (Ages 26+)||$50||$49|
|YOUNG ADULT (Age 18-25)||$0||$40|
|TEEN (Age 13-17)||$0||$30|
* The Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA defines Family as two adults living in the same household and their legal dependent children (as defined by the state of Virginia).
Membership For All Membership (Household income is $30,000 – $59,999)
For households making less than $60,000 annually, Membership For All offers an affordable rate based on your income. Use the calculator above to find your membership fee.
Guardian Membership (Household income is less than $30,000)
For households making less than $30,000 annually. Our mission is to serve all people who want to participate at the Y. Our Guardian program makes scholarships available so you can participate; applying is completely confidential and based on household income.