American Red Cross Lifeguard Course
The Victory Family YMCA hosts monthly Lifeguard Courses for those ages 15 and up who are interested in obtaining Lifeguard Certifications.
Friday night (Class 1): 5:00 PM -9:00 PM *Prerequisite swim will need to be completed and passed by student before they can start any portion of the class (see below for prerequisite swim details).
Saturday (Class 2): 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM *Students are given a lunch break
Sunday afternoon (Class 3): 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The class will continue on the succeeding weekend and follow the same schedule
Friday night (Class 4): 5:00 PM -9:00 PM
Saturday (Class 5): 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM *Students are given a lunch break
Sunday afternoon (Class 6): 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Cost & Registration
A $20 non-refundable deposit is required at time of registration and then balance should be paid in full after student passes the prerequisite swim test.
Register at your local YMCA or Online
Prerequisites for Course
On the first night of class, the students must be able to:
- Swim 300 yards and include the following strokes: front crawl with rotary breathing & breaststroke
- Swim 20 yards then surface dive to a minimum depth of 7 feet to retrieve a 10 lb. brick, and return to starting point
- Tread water for 3 minutes
- September 30th-October 2nd and October 7th-9th
- November 4th – 6th and November 11th-13th
Just need CPR and First Aid? Click here to see available classes now open to the Public!
Rachel Nightingale; Aquatics Director
Stephanie Goens; Aquatics Coordinator