TEEN YOGA CLASS
Yoga helps teens build the groundwork to live a healthy lifestyle in a safe and non-competitive space. It is a perfect complement to their busy academic and extracurricular schedule, connecting them with others and themselves in a fun and nurturing environment, and leaving them refreshed and ready for the outside world.
This 6-week introductory course has progressive weekly themes which are significant and relatable to teens:
- I am Connected: a Restorative style class that highlights supportive relationships and connecting with others in healthy ways.
- I am Complete: a Vinyasa flow style class that highlights the idea that we are perfect, just as we are right now.
- I am Present: a Balance Challenge class focusing on letting go of expectations and embracing the present moment.
- I am Open: half yoga, half creative visualization for setting intentions and goals.
- I am Unique: a funky flow class focused on embracing our unique qualities.
- I am: final class in the series celebrates all of the themes as a progression from Power Yoga to Restorative.
Thursdays at 3:15-4:15pm, July 20-August 31
*no class August 24
Free to the community, pre-registration required.
Students are encouraged to bring a yoga mat.