THERE’S SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE AT THE YMCA!
The YMCA is a non-profit member-based organization serving the community with a wide range of health and wellness, family and community building programs – all designed to help you grow stronger in spirit, mind and body. Each YMCA location offers a variety of programs and classes for people of all ages and abilities:
- Our tiniest members enjoy parent-tot swim and sports classes
- Everybody plays and everybody wins while participating in Youth Sports
- Teens have funs spaces to hang out or work out with their friends and opportunities to learn leadership skills
- Adults take advantage of a large variety of group exercise programs, use all wellness center strength and conditioning equipment and group sports
- Older adults have programs specially designed to help them live stronger, healthier lives.
The YMCA is a vital asset to the communities it serves.
When a community has a YMCA, it is a nicer place to live because our programs are developed and delivered using the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and the individuals participating in our programs tend to incorporate those values into their daily lives.
- Children can play with their Moms and Dads at the Y – families that play together learn to appreciate each other in new ways and relationships strengthen as a result.
- Moms and Dads can have personal time for themselves at the Y – YMCA Child Watch is a free service offering parents a safe and fun place for their children to interact with other children when parents need time for themselves.
- Youngsters develop a sense of self, self-esteem, and team accomplishment when participating in programs like aquatics and youth sports.
- The YMCA is a great place for teens to go. Not only are we a fun and safe place for teens to hang out, but we help them learn not to judge each other and teach them leadership skills that give them values to live by for the rest of their lives.
- Men and women come to the YMCA for health and well-being – we have numerous programs and classes to choose from for everyone from the beginner Health Seeker to the experienced weight lifter.
- Older Adults find the YMCA a place not only to work on fitness, balance and flexibility, but also a place to meet new friends, have a cup of coffee, and to organize book, walking, and sightseeing clubs.
- Community Outreach and Volunteer programs – another way to get involved with your YMCA is through our many Community Outreach programs and volunteering. Volunteers sit on our Boards of Management as well as provide valuable leadership as sports coaches. Talk with staff leadership at your YMCA any time to find out how you can help.
Each YMCA location offers its own variety of programs and classes to meet the needs of its members and the greater community. Use the Program Search feature to find the programs and classes you’d like to try!