Because . . .
A SUMMER OF ADVENTURE DEVELOPS A WELL-ROUNDED CHILD
Fun? It’s in our nature! YMCA camping has the capacity to transform young lives in many ways. Your child will play, explore, learn new skills, and make new friends at the Y this summer. With campers being surrounded by positive role models, natural environments and our Christian principles, the combination is perfect for enhancing lives and building positive character traits. We look forward to creating life-long memories with your child while they grow in spirit, mind and body.
Summer day camp programs differ by location and from year to year. Some locations also offer specialty camps like Sports Camps for soccer, basketball and karate; Science Camp; Well-Being Camp, Just Girls Camp, Arts & Crafts Camp, Build-a-Boat Camp, Sailing Camp, Science Camp, and many more.
Summer Camp is for children ages 5 – 12 years old. All camps offer weekly-sessions from the end of school throughout the summer. We also offer Teen Camp.
Please download a copy of our Summer Camp Parent Handbook.
Registering is easy; you should come to the Y to register. Due to state licensing requirements, you must bring these items; incomplete registrations cannot be accepted:
- School physical (Preschool children must have physical within 24 months)
- Shot record and copy of original birth certificate
- A $40 non-refundable registration fee and payment for the first camp session is due upon registration
- To guarantee a spot in future sessions, a $25 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit per-child is required upon registration
- Payment balance is due by Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. prior to each session
- $5.00 discount for each additional child
- A separate charge applies for Busch Gardens & Water Country tickets
- Financial assistance is available if you cannot afford to pay the standard fees; please ask about the Guardian Program.
What to bring to all camps:
- 2 snacks
- Water bottle
- Bathing suit (one-piece for girls)
Other Camp Info
- Our Preschool Child Development programs may adopt camp themes to create a summer experience that differs from the rest of the year.
- We offer Counselor In Training (CIT) for kids who are ready and want to learn to mentor younger children, lead camp activities, and participate in camp projects, field trips, swimming, and fitness activities. Children ages 13+ may apply.
- YMCA Camp Fort Monroe is our day camp located on historic Fort Monroe. If your child is adventurous and ready for boating, fishing, biking, and nature exploration, this is the camp for them! Connecting children to the outdoors encourages them to enjoy and value the natural environment. This camp is for rising 4th graders – rising 9th graders.
- YMCA Camp Kekoka is the Y’s resident camp on the Indian River and Chesapeake Bay. Campers enjoy skiing, knee boarding, tubing, kayaking, sailing, fishing, windsurfing, archery, camp fires… Children 8 – 15 will have a great time at Camp Kekoka.