HAPPINESS AND LIFE SATISFACTION
Top 5 Changes You Can Make for Increased Happiness and Life Satisfaction
We all want to be happy, and often we strive for that new car, bigger house, or promotion at work in order to find the elusive goal of a happy and satisfied life. However, often the car or house or new position come, but doesn’t bring the happiness we expected. The following goals and changes can be relatively easily attained and can bring increased and lasting happiness. Now is the time to start incorporating them into your life!
- Find More Time For Yourself — The feeling of not having enough freedom to pursue quality time with our families, revitalizing solitary activities, or other things that would nurture us can leave us feeling stressed and unhappy. If you would like to increase your level of happiness and life satisfaction this year, one of the best changes you can make is to find more time in your schedule for a life that reflects what you’d really like to be doing.
- Make Smart Money Choices — Many people think they’ll be happier if they can just get their hands on more money. However, once beyond the poverty level, more money doesn’t usually bring more happiness, because with increased means often come increased desires. A more helpful solution is to make the money you already have to feel a greater sense of freedom and satisfaction in life.
- Take Care of Your Body — If your health fails, it can overshadow everything else that’s going on in your life. From major health problems to minor aches and pains, health can really impact happiness and stress levels. Making a commitment to taking on healthier habits this year can have a far-reaching payoff: you’ll feel better in everything you do
- Adopt Stress Relievers That Work For You — There are many things that contribute to a happy and satisfied feeling about life, but excess stress can put a damper on even the best conditions. If you’re in a state of chronic stress, it’s much more difficult to enjoy life. Find some stress relievers you can use and you will feel more at peace when things get hectic
- Get Involved In A Cause That You Believe In — People are generally happier when they’re living a life of meaning. And while you may not be able to cast off all of your worldly possessions in search of the true meaning of life, you can get involved in a cause that’s important to you with minimal time, effort or cost. And even though you can get tax breaks, new friends or a cleaner house out of the deal, what you find in the way of life satisfaction will be the real reward. While you’ll be helping others, you will truly receive more than you give.
Not a YMCA member?