Come join us Saturday, March 3 at the Hampton Family YMCA to compete in our Bench Press & Deadlift competition. This meet is non-sanctioned raw event. Trophies will be awarded to the top lifters and event shirts will be given at time of weigh-ins. Come show us how hard you have been working in the gym and move some iron!
Parents! Enjoy an evening out while your kids enjoy an exciting night at the YMCA. Children ages 5-12 participate in activities including theme-oriented games and crafts, movies. Dinner is included.
Time: 6:00 -10:00 PM
Location: Fort Monroe YMCA
Ages: 5– 12yrs
Cost: $15 Members / $20 Program Participants
FREEZIN’ FOR A REASON
January 27, 2018
Looking for a new way to start off the New Year with a SPLASH? Come join the Camp Kekoka staff for their annual POLAR BEAR PLUNGE at Camp Kekoka!
This unlikely event has brave participants of all ages plunging into the frigid waters of Indian Creek to raise money for the Guardian Program, a scholarship fund which ensures every child gets to experience Camp Kekoka regardless of their ability to pay. What better way to start off the New Year than by jumping into the freezing creek to give a kid a Camp Kekoka week?!
It’s $100 to take the plunge so get family, friends, & co-workers to sponsor you to take the plunge!
Plungers and sponsors are invited to warm up afterward with hot soup, hot chocolate, and other assorted goodies. To join the plungers, sponsor a plunger, or for more information phone (804) 435-3616 or email Cassie Leichty
Incentives to Plunge:
Besides giving to a great cause when you raise money you earn cool stuff! Click REGISTER ONLINE to become a plunger today!
- $100 receive a plunge t-shirt
- $300 receive a plunge t-shirt + camp sweatshirt
- $1000 receive a plunge t-shirt + camp sweatshirt + towel
- $2000 receive a plunge t-shirt + camp sweatshirt + towel + bath robe
Raise the most money, in your division, and get your name on the COVETED PLUNGER TROPHY!
- Current Camper
- Best Costume
Sponsor our plungers.
Keep in mind: $500 sponsors 1 child; $1000 – 2; $1500 – 3; $2000 – 4
- Ginger Houck – $2,075
- Patrick McCranie
- Elizabeth Clemmer – $325
- Dean Clemmer – $325
- Frank Timmons – $2,015 (includes $760 from Dominion Energy Matching Gift Program)
- Troy Wyne
- Steven Glessner – $125
- Bob Mason – $125
- Reginald Ridgely
Businesses/Teams: (donate to individuals on the team and watch the team amount soar!)
- Kekoka Staff / Alumni Team – The Dominoes (not included in competition because of size of team): $3,275
- KIWS Rotary Club – The Super Heroes: $1,537.50
- Burkes Fine Jewelers: $520
- Justin Burke – $520
- Chesapeake Bank: $1,034
- Brianna Lewis – $1,034
- The Incredibles
- Horn’s Northern Neck Ace Hardware: $60
- Greg Stevens – $60
- Two Shivers Plunge Team (WIGO Country & BAYFM): $1,995
- Grace Episcopal Church: $100
- David May – $100
- Team APD: $2,665