GUARDIAN PROGRAM – FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
At the YMCA, one of our most important goals has always been to enrich the lives of the children and families in the communities we serve. But when some are left out it leaves us all a bit poorer because giving families a safe and nurturing place to go benefits everyone. By introducing kids and teens to experiences that help them grow into responsible and successful adults, we make the community we love a better place to live.
The Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA and all its locations are committed to providing high quality, affordable programs in a Christian environment.
Everyone Is Welcome
The YMCA is a vital center to the communities it serves because we make it possible for everyone to join or participate. Programs, services, and facilities are available regardless of a family or individual’s ability to pay the standard membership and program fees. If you want to participate at the YMCA and feel you are not financially able to do so, please apply to our Guardian Program. We do not want you or your family to be excluded from the benefits that the YMCA has to offer.
How To Apply
- Guardian Program Applications are available here for download and near the Welcome Center of all facility YMCAs. You may pick up an application to complete and return to the location of your choice
- Applying for the Guardian Program is completely confidential
- Your application will be reviewed by a YMCA director at your local location
- Scholarships are based on an applicant’s income and are limited by the space available at the time of application
- Please allow a minimum of one week for processing the application
Items you will need to include:
- Your last 1040 tax form (or form 4506T)
- Your last two pay stubs or an income statement
- Social Security/Disability and other sources of additional family income
If you do not have a copy of your tax return or you did not file taxes in the past two years, you may obtain a copy of your tax return or verification of non-filing status from the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040. The 4506T transcript or verification request can also be found at www.irs.gov. Once you have received the copy of your taxes or the verification of your non-filing status, please submit it along with your other documentation.
A YMCA director will determine financial assistance eligibility after thoroughly reviewing your application.