Luter Family YMCA
Visit the Y
259 James Street
Smithfield, VA 23430 Get Directions
Mon-Thur 5:30 a.m.–10 p.m.
Fri 5:30 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sat 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sun 1 p.m.–6 p.m.
The Luter Family YMCA provides a safe, family-oriented environment, and a gathering place for thousands of kids, families, seniors and individuals. In its previous life, part of the Luter Family YMCA was Smithfield High School. It was leased to the YMCA by the County of Isle of Wight in 1995. It was renovated in 2004 and again in 2012 with the expansion of the Wellness Center, Child Watch and Group Exercise rooms.
Report includes stories and statistics about the impact we make in the communities we serve.
What's Happening at the Y
SCHOOL-AGE CHILD CARE
The YMCA School-Age program provides an environment where children can easily make friends, be part of a group, meet physical challenges, and know that they are liked, respected and appreciated. Our program offers youth the opportunity to have fun while learning healthy living through 5210 and science, technology, engineering and math through S.T.E.M. reading and arts activities.
The YMCA School-Age program is available from the first day of school until the last day of school. Programs are provided on most school holidays, winter and spring break, and inclement weather days (check your school calendar for school closings). Additional fees apply.
- Carrollton Elementary, Hardy Elementary, Westside Elementary & Windsor Elementary
6:30 a.m. to school opening and school dismissal to 6 p.m. Late pick-up fees apply.
Before School: $43
After School: $54
Before and After School: $71
Register in person at the Luter Family YMCA or at any school site during program hours.
What to bring to registration:
- A completed School-Age Application
- An original birth certificate, immunization record, and physical for each child
- $40 non-refundable registration fee and first week fees are due at time of registration
- Convenient payment available through EFT (electronic funds transfer) with credit card or voided check
Registration is open until the program is full.
- Current school-age participants may register beginning April 17
- Y Members may register beginning April 24
- Open registration begins May 1
Luter Family YMCA