Find Your Rate
The Y ensures everyone who wants to participate at the Y can afford the monthly fee by using a sliding scale based on total household income. You qualify for a reduced rate if your total household income is less than $60,000 a year. Use the selectors below to discover what your monthly rate will be.
You can join online by scrolling down this page and selecting the Join Online button for the type of membership you want. We currently only sell full-pay membership online. Come in to the Y to take advantage of reduced rate options.
Annual Household Income
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
YMCA Members Enjoy:
- No Contracts
- Association membership entitles use of all facilities at all 13 locations and over 180 locations across Virginia and North Carolina. Learn about My Y is Every Y now! Includes Nationwide Membership coming in early 2018!
- Unlimited FREE Group Exercise & Fitness Classes – don’t pay extra. Yoga, Cycling, and low- and no-impact exercise classes on land and in water . . .
- Even more affordable for households with incomes less than $60,000
- Membership scholarship assistance for those making less than $30,000 (Guardian program)
- Personal wellness coaching, nutrition support & education, and activity monitors & device tracking available with yConnect
- A gym with clean, modern workout equipment and excellent, supportive staff
- Complimentary Child Watch (Babysitting) while you workout
- Member pricing on all YMCA programs like Summer Camp, Swim Lessons, Youth Sports, Before and After School Care, Personal Training and Adult Sports
- Membership to an organization that cares & gives back to the community
|MEMBERSHIP TYPE||JOINING FEE||MEMBERSHIP RATE||JOIN ONLINE|
Association-Wide Monthly Rates:
|ADULT (Ages 26+)||$50||$49|
|YOUNG ADULT (Age 18-25)||$0||$40|
|TEEN (Age 13-17)||$0||$30|
* The Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA defines Family as two adults living in the same household and their legal dependent children (as defined by the state of Virginia).
Membership For All Membership
(Household income is $30,000 – $59,999)
For households making less than $60,000 annually, Membership For All offers an affordable rate based on your income. Use the calculator above to find your membership fee.
(Household income is less than $30,000)
For households making less than $30,000 annually. Our mission is to serve all people who want to participate at the Y. Our Guardian program makes scholarships available so you can participate; applying is completely confidential and based on household income.