Facility Info & Hours
7827 Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23607
Get Directions »
This YMCA opened its doors on June 3, 1971; it was the first modern YMCA facility built on the Peninsula. The upstairs fitness center and 3 racquetball courts were added in 1977 along with the outdoor track; and in May of 2003, renovations expanded the fitness center, added a new Child Watch room and Teen Center, and added a lift. The outdoor pavilion was built as an Eagle Scout project. In 2013, we renovated our sand volleyball court to a Splash Park which will be used by members and the community. We’re located near downtown Newport News and serve both business and family communities.
Our facility includes
- 25-meter Swimming Pool
- Boys’ and Girls’ Locker Rooms
- Child Watch for children 6 weeks to 5 years
- Fit-For-Life Exercise Room
- Full Gymnasium
- Group Exercise Studio
- Licensed Before & After School Program for ages 5 – 12 years
- Preschool, licensed full-day, for ages 2 – 5 years
- Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms, equipped with saunas
- Multipurpose Room for birthday parties, health lectures, etc.
- Outside Picnic Shelter
- Outside Walking Track
- Three Racquetball Courts
- Spray Park
- Licensed Summer Camp
- Trained and Certified Professional Staff
- Wellness Center
- Youth Lobby for ages 6 – 9 years
*IZONE: Our interactive fitness equipment and game consoles allow members to enjoy an exhilarating, full-body workout and have fun playing, all at the same time! Fun games get you up and moving; the IZONE offers something for everyone.
- Monday – Thursday: 5 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday: 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mon-Thurs: 5 a.m. -8:30 p.m.
- Friday: 5 a.m. -8:30 p.m.
- Sat.: 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sun.: 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Holiday Limited Hours
- New Year’s Day 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Memorial Day 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Labor Day 8 a.m. – 1p.m.
- Christmas Eve open until 3 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve open until 3 p.m.
IZONE Supervised Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 4-8:30 p.m.
- Friday – 4-8 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
(Hours may vary during school breaks, please check the schedule at the Y)
- Family Time (parents & children only): 2-6 p.m.
- Ages: 6-7 years (with parent), 8-15 years (must be members), 16+ (can work out in the Wellness Center)
Child Watch Hours (6 weeks-5 years)
- Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Youth Lobby Hours (6-9 years)
- Monday – Thursday: 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
To Use Child Watch/Youth Lobby
To help us plan for and provide the best care possible, you must sign up in advance for this service. You may sign up 24 hours to 2 weeks in advance.
- Children 12 and under must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian (Guardians must be 18 or older)
- Children must be signed in and out of the Child Watch and Youth Lobby by a parent or guardian
- Children are permitted to stay in the Child Watch for up to 2 hours. Youth are permitted to stay in the Youth Lobby for up to 2 hours
- Parent or guardian must remain in the building at all times while under-aged children are in the building
- Children must be 13 or older to utilize the Fitness Center and must have an orientation. Children 13-15 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian