7th Grade Initiative
The 7th Grade Initiative program provides opportunities for fitness and sports, as well as an opportunity to socialize with peers in a safe, supervised and conveniently located environment.
7th grade is a pivotal and transitional time for many teens. It is a time when sports become more competitive but provide less opportunity for the average child to be involved. It is also the time when teens are given more freedom to choose how they spend their free time. Habits that begin in the 7th grade are likely to continue into adulthood.
The Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA wants to support and encourage teens to make good decisions and form healthy habits that lead to a healthy lifestyle.
This special free membership available only to 7th graders, demonstrates our commitment and philosophy for a well-rounded approach to the healthy development of the whole person.
- Promote YMCA Character Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith
- Increase physical and mental wellness
- Develop and support health exercise and eating habits
- Encourage parent involvement and input
- Provide a safe and secure atmosphere
- Establish a sense of belonging in each child
- Have fun!
Please Contact Elizabeth Miller for more information