New Year Health Commitment
COMMIT TO BE FIT IN 2016!
It is human nature to perform your best when you are personally challenged and when you share your goals with others. So the Y is challenging all of our members to take a pledge to be more active and eat healthier in 2016.
During January, 2016, find a commit card in the Y lobby or Wellness Center and make a promise to yourself and/or family to be a happier and healthier you. All cards will be displayed as a reminder of the commitment you made to live a healthier lifestyle.
YOU CAN DO IT!
TRY SOME OF THESE IDEAS:
- Commit to walk 3 times a week for 20 minutes each time
- Commit to eat one healthy cooked meal at home per day
- Commit to reduce processed, pre-packaged foods
- Commit to eat 5 servings a day of fruits and/or vegetables
- Commit to watch less television and spend less time on electronics
- Commit to be more active with your family, friends or pets
- Commit to drink more water each day and less soda or sugared drinks
- Commit to take the stairs more and the elevators less
- Commit to park farther away from the entrance to grocery and department stores
- Commit to eat out less at fast food restaurants
- Commit to pack healthy lunches for work and school
10 Ways to be Physically Active Today
Not a YMCA member?